Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Services for Everyone
Fortis: Latin for brave, strong and courageous. Helping people go from strength to strength.
Fortis Therapy & Training is a team of dedicated, qualified therapists, counsellors, and trainers based in Grimsby, Scunthorpe, and Hull. We support people to understand their thoughts and actions, helping them to move forward and to feel differently.
TEACH LINCS – Specialists recruiters for Special Needs
Teach Lincs a full recruitment service to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, which provides SEND Training course throughout, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and Doncaster.
Teach Lincs provides Specialist teaching and non-teaching staff to special needs school offering the most competitive prices whilst paying the best rates in the local area. We offer a 10 week Temp to Perm and No introduction fees.
Schools currently working exclusively with Teach Lincs also enjoy its professional SEND training courses completely free of charge. Please contact us for information of how you can take advantage of this offer.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS is a free, confidential and impartial service for parents and carers, children and young people (up to 25 years). The type and range of support offered includes:
- Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/ disability law from independently trained staff
- Advice for parent/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Personalisation of personal budgets
- Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress
- Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support
- Individual casework and representation where needed including support in attending meetings, contributing to assessments and reviews and participating in decisions about outcomes for the child or young person.
- Support for parents and young people in managing mediation and appeals to the SEND Tribunal
Unravel’s founder, Andrea Chatton established the Unravel approach based on nearly thirty years’ experience of working with children and young people in emotional distress. The bridge between educational and child psychologists. Andrea has used her wealth of experience and expertise to train and build a team committed to driving positive change for children and young people. She recognised that there is a service missing and Unravel has been rapidly embraced by schools, parents and support services in desperate need for intervention during challenging times. The Unravel team are recognised as experts in this specialised area which sits between the work of Educational and Child Psychologists.
They are currently campaigning for this model to be recognised like other protected psychological areas with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Andrea is author of ‘The Blinks’, a series of books which were created to help children, young people, and their families understand and manage emotional and behavioural issues. She is also the BBC’s on-hand expert to call upon when ‘hot topics’ arise in the news and which may affect the well-being of children and young people